Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 02/01/2014 05:12 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> is it possible the tsearch test never worked on en_US.utf8
>> but only on C locale ?

> Yes, that's more or less what I said, I thought.

> Maybe we need to test this on other Windows systems in non-C encodings.
> Let's make sure it's only a Cygwin problem.

> I'll work on that. You should try to concentrate on the thinks like
> prepared_xacts and isolation_test that we know don't work ONLY on Cygwin.

Please test the patch I just posted in the pgsql-bugs thread.  It looks
to me like there are bugs in both the C and non-C locale cases, but only
the latter case would be exercised by our regression tests, since we
don't use any non-ASCII characters in the tests.