Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What about the completely crazy thing of simply redefining export to
> include the declspec on windows for backend build? That will possibly
> blow up the size of the .def files et al a bit, but I have little mercy
> with that.

You mean "#define extern extern PGDLLIMPORT" ?  What will that do to
function declarations that have "extern"?  Are we sure C compilers
are smart enough to not go into an infinite loop on such a macro?

Anyway, narwhal's latest results thicken the plot even more.
How come pg_buffercache has been building OK on the other
Windows critters, when MainLWLockArray lacks PGDLLIMPORT?
That lets out the theory about linking to libpq having something
to do with it.