Re: PG replication across DataCenters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Torsten Förtsch
Subject Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22/11/13 11:57, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Don't use synchronous replication if you have a high transaction
> rate and a noticable network latency between the sites.
>
> Wait for the next bugfix release, since a nasty bug has just
> been discovered.

Can you please explain or provide a pointer for more information?

We have recently started to use sync replication over a line with >80ms
latency. It works for small transactions with a relatively low
transaction rate.

Avoid transactions using NOTIFY. Those acquire an exclusive lock during
commit that is released only when the remote host has also done its
commit. So, only one such transaction can be committing at time.

Async replication works just fine.

Torsten