Re: PG replication across DataCenters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 22/11/2013 08:43, Kaushal Shriyan escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I have read on the web that Postgresql DB supports replication across
> data centers. Any real life usecase examples if it has been
> implemented by anyone. Please also help me understand the caveats i
> need to take care if i implement this setup.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kaushal
We have used asynchronous replication across datacenters with 100%
success since 9.1. Currently we use 9.2.
Our setup involves a internet tunnel between servers. Servers have about
2.000km of distance from each other.
The only points you need to take attention is tuning number of
wal_keep_segments and timeout, and the initial load (that can be huge,
depends on your data).

Regards,

Edson