Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/26/2013 02:14 PM, Augori wrote:
> Okay, I'm sorry for the questions.  But I'm really confused about where
> things are being installed.  I know that yum installed it under 2.4
> site-packages because I checked for it inside there before and after I
> ran the yum command.
>
> There is an easy_install.pth file under /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-
> packages/ as well, but would that be invoked when I call easy_install
> when I'm logged in as root?
>
> As for 2.6, that would be fine, but I don't seem to have a
> /user/bin/python2.6 (whereas, I do have a  /user/bin/python2.4). Maybe
> it's because I'm on CentOS5, which comes with 2.4.
>
> I tried to use the rpm --prefix flag to move the rpm, but to no avail.

Well you said you have both Python 2.4 and 2.7 installed on the machine.

Were they both installed via Centos package management?

If so Python 2.4 is probably set as the default and if you install the
package for Python it will install for 2.4. You probably need to specify
the python version. Not sure how Centos names its packages, but I am
using openSUSE and the default package(where the default Python is 2.7)
is python-psycopg2 and the Python 3 version(which I also have installed)
is python3-psycopg2

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com