Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stéphane Schildknecht
Subject Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 14/09/2013 00:43, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Dimitri,
>

>> I agree. My understanding of your question about the apparent french
>> success in reaching out to the press was limited to the community effort
>> as opposed to the corporate press, and it seems to me that the answer
>> you got is all about corporate press and throwing corporate money at it.
>>
>> My aim here was to make it obvious how to separate the two categories so
>> that any french lesson on this PR effort would be limited to what we did
>> actually achieve as a community: nothing impressive when compared to the
>> other countries and organisations.
>  From my perspective, the companies are *part* of our community.  So if
> we got a lot of press in France because we had companies echoing the
> press release message, then maybe that *is* something to emulate elsewhere.

The part we could also emphasize there is that a private company let us know it
does its own translation of the PR and advocate with it.

Why not taking part into the community translation effort?

--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Loxodata - Conseil, expertise et formations