Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Michael who?

Blackwell, asssistant CFM for this CF.

> 9.4 CF1?  Where are you recording the names?  In the commitfest app?

Right now in a googledoc.  The CF app has no such capability now,
although Magnus' new app might in the future.

> OK, so the process is independent of commit activity. You realize that
> if someone significantly modifies a patch we already have them in the
> commit message as an author and on the release note item, right?  So you
> are really looking for reviews that modify the patch but not enough for
> a committer to include their name in the commit message as an author.

Oh, good point, I can look at the commit messages for where I don't need
to bother.   However, you pointed out that *during* CF1, the committers
*didn't know* that they were supposed to include reviewers who did
"major work" in the commit message.  And they might miss them in the future.

> Anyone can commit patches to the release notes.  I am unlikely to do it,
> as I lack confidence in the process, for reasons already outlined.

Bruce, you are steadfastly resistant to change of any kind.

>> That's why it'll be a social process.  Next week I'll be posting a list
>> of patches and reviewers from CF1 to this list for other people to
>> correct and expand.  Just like the code itself, if everybody reviews the
>> list of reviewers, it'll be as good as we can get it.
>
> OK, at least that is a plan.  Is that your plan for the future too?

Sure.  It's the open source way.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.