Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

> There are three issues here:
>
> 1.  What will best motive reviewers?
> 2.  What is a reasonable effort to accomplish #1?
> 3.  What is acceptable for release note readers?
>
> You seem to be only focused on #1, and you don't want to address the
> other items --- that's fine --- I will still be around if people lose
> interest or the system becomes unworkable.

Both I and other people have already addressed #2 and #3.  You're also
having a huge failure of perspective here.  Motivating reviewers allows
our project to continue developing PostgreSQL.  Items 2 and 3 are so
insignificant in comparison to that as to not be worth discussing.

In the novels The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, there's a spaceship
which has been waiting 1000 years to take off because it's waiting for a
load of lemon-soaked paper napkins to be loaded.  You are being Mr.
Lemon-Soaked Paper Napkin.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.