Re: Problem building in a directory shared from Mac to Ubuntu - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Problem building in a directory shared from Mac to Ubuntu
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/25/2013 01:14 PM, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> Hi,
> I am observing a strange problem when I build latest PostgreSQL head on
> Ubuntu 12.04. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 as VM on Mac 10.7. The build
> directory points to a sub-directory of host directory shared from Mac to
> Ubuntu 12.04.

"shared" how?

AFP?

SMB/CIFS? With mount.cifs?

Using NFS?

In general I'd recommend using a local directory for builds. Most
network file protocols have ... interesting ... behaviour when it comes
to file locking, timestamps, etc.

Why are you using this approach rather than just having local build trees?