Re: could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on device
Date
List pgsql-general
El 14/06/13 18:25, Moshe Jacobson escribió:
> My database is total around 100 gigs of data, and I have 50 gigs free on
> the volume, yet I get this error message. It was a simple join. Is there
> a way to see more information on why I got this error?

Hash-joins can use a lot of space on temp files. Try running the query
and at the same time monitor disk usage from the database temp/
directory ($PGDATA/dboid/temp/).

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/