Re: could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on device
Date
List pgsql-general
El 14/06/13 18:25, Moshe Jacobson escribió:
> My database is total around 100 gigs of data, and I have 50 gigs free on
> the volume, yet I get this error message. It was a simple join. Is there
> a way to see more information on why I got this error?

Forgot to say. A low value of work_mem will make it more suitable for
PostgreSQL to use temp files if numerous sorting jobs need quite a good
amount o memory.

You might as well try different values of work_mem to see what happens
(watch out for large values of work_mem), or rethink your query all
together.

Cheers,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/