Re: multilib environment with postgresql92 from CentOS-repos? (9.2.4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: multilib environment with postgresql92 from CentOS-repos? (9.2.4)
Date
List pgsql-general
El 09/06/13 18:15, Markus Renner escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> since postgresql 9.2.x it seems such 32bit libs are gone for 64bit
> hosts on repository-level. In other words. They are not install-able
>  via yum. I've recently installed postgresql92* from
> pgdg-centos92-repository. I used pgdg-centos92-9.2-6.noarch to setup
>  the repo. We still must compile 32bit applications on some machines
>  in the foreseeable future.
>
> That applies for CentOS 6.4 and CentOS 5.9 with 64bit architecture.
> Is there a way to install such libs without building a custom rpm.
> Preferably over yum. We are looking for a easy way to deliver these
> 32bit libs to large number of servers. I only need one package named
>  postgresql-libs.i686.

I can only suggest you install PGDG repo, copy the PGDG repo and edit
the baseurl, and disable it:

# cp /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-92-fedora.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-92-fedora.386.repo

Change in /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-92-fedora.386.repo the baseurl line, the
enabled line and the tag at the beginning to (remove the source repo
that is below, or change it to an appropriate value):

[pgdg92-i386]
baseurl=http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/fedora/fedora-$releasever-i386
enabled=0

Then you can install the rpm postgres libs like this:

# yum install --enablerepo=pgdg92-i386 postgresql92-libs.i386

> On a Fedora 19 I simply could install such i686 libs from standard
> fedora repos.

But not with the PGDG repos:

# yum list postgresql\*-libs\*
Complementos cargados:langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit, security
Paquetes instalados
postgresql-libs.x86_64         9.2.4-1.fc18         @updates
postgresql92-libs.x86_64     9.2.4-3PGDG.f18     @pgdg92
Paquetes disponibles
postgresql-libs.i686         9.2.4-1.fc18         updates

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/