multilib environment with postgresql92 from CentOS-repos? (9.2.4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Renner
Subject multilib environment with postgresql92 from CentOS-repos? (9.2.4)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everybody,

since postgresql 9.2.x it seems such 32bit libs are gone for 64bit hosts
on repository-level.
In other words. They are not install-able via yum. I've recently
installed postgresql92* from pgdg-centos92-repository.
I used pgdg-centos92-9.2-6.noarch to setup the repo.
We still must compile 32bit applications on some machines in the
foreseeable future.

That applies for CentOS 6.4 and CentOS 5.9 with 64bit architecture.
Is there a way to install such libs without building a custom rpm.
Preferably over yum.
We are looking for a easy way to deliver these 32bit libs to large
number of servers.
I only need one package named postgresql-libs.i686.

On a Fedora 19 I simply could install such i686 libs from standard
fedora repos.

Is yum the suspect?

I would be very grateful.

Best regards,