Re: Terminology issue: suffix tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Terminology issue: suffix tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06.05.2013 14:10, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Alexander Korotkov<aekorotkov@gmail.com>wrote:
>> In suffix tree we insert every suffix of source string into the tree.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix_tree
>> Actually opclass implemented radix tree or patricia tree.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radix_tree
>> Likely we need a patch to rename it in all the places it mentioned.
>
> Patch is attached.

Thanks, committed.

> Apparently, we have same issue in contrib/unaccent.

Yeah. The data structure in contrib/unaccent seems to be a plain old
trie, rather than a radix trie, though. According to wikipedia at least,
the difference is that in a radix tree, the edges are labeled with
sequences of elements, rather than single elements. Want to patch that too?

- Heikki