Re: Terminology issue: suffix tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Terminology issue: suffix tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
On 06.05.2013 14:10, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Alexander Korotkov<aekorotkov@gmail.com>wrote:
In suffix tree we insert every suffix of source string into the tree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix_tree
Actually opclass implemented radix tree or patricia tree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radix_tree
Likely we need a patch to rename it in all the places it mentioned.

Patch is attached.

Thanks, committed.

Thanks!

Apparently, we have same issue in contrib/unaccent.

Yeah. The data structure in contrib/unaccent seems to be a plain old trie, rather than a radix trie, though. According to wikipedia at least, the difference is that in a radix tree, the edges are labeled with sequences of elements, rather than single elements. Want to patch that too?

Agree, trie is most comforming term here. Patch is attached.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.
Attachment