Re: Regarding template1 database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Regarding template1 database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/22/2013 08:08 PM, S H wrote:
>> > - I want to know the tables of tempate1
>>
>> There are none, unless you choose to add some.
>
> I got it there are no tables. What about the system tables of template1
> database ? Are they updated or not?
>
>  > > - If i want to monitor the transactions done in the template1
> database (
>  > > insertion/updation ) , is there any way to track the same.
> I want to monitor externally, without changing the database. If there
> are some system queries which can tell me what are the number of
> database insertion/updation in the template1 ( including system table it
> will be helpful for me).

As mentioned earlier the template databases are not really supposed to
be used as active databases, but as templates for creating new
databases. Also, as John mentioned system tables/views are often global
and do not apply to a particular database. It would be helpful to
explain what it is you want to accomplish. For example, this is for
security purposes and I want to know if someone is using template1.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com