Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!
Date
Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/17/2013 04:59 AM, Robert Treat wrote:
> "Postgres developers and users believe that quality view support is an
> important toolset for any database, and Postgres 9.3 includes several
> improvements to it's view support. Enhancements included in this
> release include the ability to create recursive views, to create
> automatically updateable views, and limited support for built in
> materialized views."

So, taking a second stab at this:

Database VIEWs allow application developers to abstract database access,
making application code simpler and version migrations easier.  As such,
PostgreSQL has improved our view support:
* Materialized View declaration
* Auto-updatable VIEWs
* Recursive Views

I think that puts the new features more strongly, and also explains how
views relate to the reader.  Yes?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.