Re: JDBC driver versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: JDBC driver versions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/16/2013 01:13 PM, Ramsey Gurley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm migrating from postgres 8.3 to 9.2. Included in my application is an old jar for the JDBC driver for the 8.3
database.Do I need a separate build with an up to date JDBC jar for 9.2 while I am testing out a new database or is it
safeto use the latest JDBC jar with a very old version of postgres?

 From here:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#current

"
Current Version

This is the current version of the driver. Unless you have unusual
requirements (running old applications or JVMs), this is the driver you
should be using. It supports Postgresql 7.2 or newer and requires a 1.5
or newer JVM. It contains support for SSL and the javax.sql package. It
comes in two flavours, JDBC3 and JDBC4. If you are using the 1.6 or 1.7
JVM, then you should use the JDBC4 version.

"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com