Re: JDBC driver versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: JDBC driver versions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/16/2013 1:13 PM, Ramsey Gurley wrote:
> I'm migrating from postgres 8.3 to 9.2. Included in my application is an old jar for the JDBC driver for the 8.3
database.Do I need a separate build with an up to date JDBC jar for 9.2 while I am testing out a new database or is it
safeto use the latest JDBC jar with a very old version of postgres?

latest version should work with older database servers.    otherway
around is less trustworthy (although it /probably/ will work for many
purposes).