Re: JDBC driver versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ramsey Gurley
Subject Re: JDBC driver versions
Date
List pgsql-general
Okay, I saw that, but I just wanted to double check. It seemed odd that there were builds going all the way back to 8.2
ifthe 9.2 version should work for everything.

Thanks for the reassurance :-)

Ramsey

On Apr 16, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 04/16/2013 01:13 PM, Ramsey Gurley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm migrating from postgres 8.3 to 9.2. Included in my application is an old jar for the JDBC driver for the 8.3
database.Do I need a separate build with an up to date JDBC jar for 9.2 while I am testing out a new database or is it
safeto use the latest JDBC jar with a very old version of postgres?

> From here:
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#current
>
> "
> Current Version
>
> This is the current version of the driver. Unless you have unusual requirements (running old applications or JVMs),
thisis the driver you should be using. It supports Postgresql 7.2 or newer and requires a 1.5 or newer JVM. It contains
supportfor SSL and the javax.sql package. It comes in two flavours, JDBC3 and JDBC4. If you are using the 1.6 or 1.7
JVM,then you should use the JDBC4 version.