Re: How to convert US date format to European date format ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to convert US date format to European date format ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/12/2013 01:54 AM, Condor wrote:

>> --
>> john r pierce                                      37N 122W
>> somewhere on the middle of the left coast
>
> Yes, I see this function but if I need to select 100 000 rows this mean
> I think,
> this function will be start 100 000 times. I mean when I ask the question,
> it's is possible to format the date how I like it without to use functions,
> just something like: set datestyle ('postgres with my custom format
> 00:00:00 dmy', DMY)
> something like that. Sry that I did not explain it.

FYI, DateStyle uses functions also, as the stored date has to be
reformatted to whatever style is chosen. See datetime.c in the source
for the functions. I would try to_char() and see if it makes a
discernible difference in the select.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com