Re: How to convert US date format to European date format? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Condor
Subject Re: How to convert US date format to European date format?
Date
Re: How to convert US date format to European date format ?
List pgsql-general
On 2013-04-12 10:59, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 4/12/2013 12:42 AM, Condor wrote:
>> and ISO, DMY show me: 2012-10-15 11:00:49.397908 if I use Postgres,
>> DMY show me
>> Mon 15 Oct 11:00:49.397908 2012
>>
>> But I want to be formatted: 11:00:49 15-10-2012
>
> use the date formatting functions, like...
>
>     select to_char(yourfield, 'HH:MI:SS DD-MM-YYYY') ...
>
> see
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-formatting.html
>

> --
> john r pierce                                      37N 122W
> somewhere on the middle of the left coast

Yes, I see this function but if I need to select 100 000 rows this mean
I think,
this function will be start 100 000 times. I mean when I ask the
question,
it's is possible to format the date how I like it without to use
functions,
just something like: set datestyle ('postgres with my custom format
00:00:00 dmy', DMY)
something like that. Sry that I did not explain it.

Cheers,
Hristo S.