Re: Automatic restart while upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Automatic restart while upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
stephane.schildknecht@postgres.fr writes:
> I discovered that while upgrading PostgreSQL binaries through 'yum
> update', with PGDG RPMs, the service is automatically restarted.

> ISTM that this was not the case before 9.2.

I dunno whether Devrim's packages acted that way before 9.2, but
this is standard behavior for all services in Red Hat environments,
and always has been.  Otherwise an intended security patch, for
instance, might not be activated till long past when the admin
thought he'd installed it.

            regards, tom lane