Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display
Date
Re: Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

For the past few years, we've been using a pop-up booth display to give
PostgreSQL community booths a professional, polished look.  We purchased
it using about $1800 worth of community money, and it's served us well
in at least 15 conference appearances, probably more.

However, it's starting to wear out and I'm not sure we want to
replace/repair it. One of the "feet" broke off at PyCon, its travelling
case has damaged wheels and latch.  Moreover, it's expensive/difficult
to transport, and it's bulky/annoying to store for whomeever ends up
with it.

In the meantime, custom vinyl banner printing has become both better
quality and cheaper.  I'm thinking that it may be time to retire the
pop-up display and switch to using large vinyl banners for community
booths.  These can be customized for the time period (like a 9.3 banner
for next fall, or a Postgres+Python banner for PyCon, etc.), can be as
large as a full booth wall, and are much easier to ship, transport and
store.

Thoughts?

--
Josh Berkus