Re: Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Fate of Pop-Up Booth Display
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/18/2013 06:24 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> For the past few years, we've been using a pop-up booth display to give
> PostgreSQL community booths a professional, polished look.  We purchased
> it using about $1800 worth of community money, and it's served us well
> in at least 15 conference appearances, probably more.
>
> However, it's starting to wear out and I'm not sure we want to
> replace/repair it. One of the "feet" broke off at PyCon, its travelling
> case has damaged wheels and latch.  Moreover, it's expensive/difficult
> to transport, and it's bulky/annoying to store for whomeever ends up
> with it.
>
> In the meantime, custom vinyl banner printing has become both better
> quality and cheaper.  I'm thinking that it may be time to retire the
> pop-up display and switch to using large vinyl banners for community
> booths.  These can be customized for the time period (like a 9.3 banner
> for next fall, or a Postgres+Python banner for PyCon, etc.), can be as
> large as a full booth wall, and are much easier to ship, transport and
> store.
>
> Thoughts?

I find this... actually sad. We have toted that thing all over the
United States for the last what... 4 years?

The vinyl banner idea certainly is cheaper in the short run.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579