Re: New Zealand Postgis DBA job vacancy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: New Zealand Postgis DBA job vacancy
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/26/2012 11:45 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:

> I have a close friend who is working on embedded software for a green
> house controller.  He would love to use PostgreSQL, but they started
> using SQLite and pg does not appear to be suitable for embedded systems.

We used a controller system that came from across the border in White
Rock, BC. As a thought problem I contemplated what it would take to
replicate it in Open Source software. Came to the same conclusion. I
could see Postgres on a computer somewhere tying together multiple
controllers/sites. For the controllers themselves Sqlite or something
even more light weight would be in order. Hardware constraints are less
of an issue than before. It is more an issue of setup/integration and
the realization that Postgres would really be overkill for the task at hand.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com