Re: Restarting the LAPUG - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Restarting the LAPUG
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Edward,

> I'm working with another person to restart the LA Postgres Users Group and
> I'm trying to arrange for a place to hold the meetings, but they may charge
> rent.  At the last Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) I was told by
> someone (I don't remember who) at the PostgreSQL booth that money could be
> made available to help defray the cost of running a group until it was self
> supporting.  Is this true?

Yes.  PostgreSQL.US and/or SPI can pay for venue and/or food for one or
two meetings.  More, if you make a case for it.

Note that you also have some major PostgreSQL contributors in
California, so bringing someone in to speak is also possible.

> For those interested, the location would be the Los Angeles Science Fantasy
> Society Clubhouse in Van Nuys, California and the meeting would be held on
> the second Tuesday of each month.  Iff the LASFS Board of Directors
> approves the proposal at their meeting tomorrow.

Can you send me some contact information for LAPUG to take to LISA in
San Diego?  I'm flying in this evening, but I could probably print
something there.

You should also plan swag (I recommend club cards or business cards) for
SCALE.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.