RFC: New log_destination 'fifo' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject RFC: New log_destination 'fifo'
Date
Re: RFC: New log_destination 'fifo'  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: RFC: New log_destination 'fifo'  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

So it is possible to do this in other ways but I thought it might be
interesting to allow people to define fifo or pipe as a log_desination.
This would allow a person to tail the fifo to receive the outputs of the
log as it happens but would not take up precious IO or space from the
disk. I personally have found this valuable when diagnosing immediate
unexpected problems. It would also work on Windows.

Sincerely,

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579