Re: RFC: New log_destination 'fifo' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: RFC: New log_destination 'fifo'
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 12:55 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> So it is possible to do this in other ways but I thought it might be
> interesting to allow people to define fifo or pipe as a
> log_desination.

You could do this with a logging hook as a plugin, so you don't have to
make the effort to get this integrated into the main line (yet).

One problem to consider with fifos and pipes is what happens when the
receiving side is down or not keeping up.  You don't want the logging to
become a potential source of failures.