Re: BUG #7603: Application takes long time to fetch data from postgresql database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #7603: Application takes long time to fetch data from postgresql database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/15/2012 10:54 PM, devenmthaker@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7603
> Logged by:          Deven
> Email address:      devenmthaker@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
> Operating system:   Windows 2003 R2 64 BITS
>
> Hi,
> My application takes longer time (we see time out even) when data to be
> fetched from Postgresql 9.0.3 is around 1900000 records. I am doing an
> improvement at application level, but from database side any performance
> tuning do i need to do?

This is not a bug report. See
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/bug-reporting.html

Please ask on the pgsql-general mailing list or on dba.stackexchange.com
. Read this first:

   https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

Also, you're on a very old release in the 9.0 series. Update to 9.0.11
urgently. The Pg team doesn't release patches just for fun, they're
released to fix bugs and security issues. See:

   http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/release.html

--
Craig Ringer