BUG #7603: Application takes long time to fetch data from postgresql database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From devenmthaker@gmail.com
Subject BUG #7603: Application takes long time to fetch data from postgresql database
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7603
Logged by:          Deven
Email address:      devenmthaker@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
Operating system:   Windows 2003 R2 64 BITS

Hi,
My application takes longer time (we see time out even) when data to be
fetched from Postgresql 9.0.3 is around 1900000 records. I am doing an
improvement at application level, but from database side any performance
tuning do i need to do?
I have not changed any parameters in postgresql.conf, using default values.

My PC has RAM of 4 GB.