Re: BUG #7602: Select with many joins against the same table is very slow compared to 9.2.0. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #7602: Select with many joins against the same table is very slow compared to 9.2.0.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/15/2012 06:55 PM, daniel.heden@sweco.se wrote:

> Bug reference:      7602
> Logged by:          Daniel Hedén
> Email address:      daniel.heden@sweco.se
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
> Operating system:   Windows 7 / Vista 64-Bit
>
> Select with many joins against the same table is very slow compared to
> 9.2.0.
> In my case 16 times, this query takes a second max on 9.2.0 but on 9.2.1 it
> takes more than 30 minutes.

Could you have accidentally reset `join_collapse_limit` to its default
value?

Show `EXPLAIN ANALYZE` output for both old and new cases, if possible.
At least for the new one.

(Please reply to the mailing list, not to me).

--
Craig Ringer