Re: problem with recreating database with export - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: problem with recreating database with export
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27/09/2012 15:55, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> <note to future>
> To anyone reading this in the future, if you have problems importing a
> plain text database export, it is usually impossible to do:
> psql -d some_dbase -f the_backup.sql. I don't know why. What works is

I think that's a bit of an over-generalisation. :-) What errors do you get?

> doing 'cd ./the_files_directory', going INTO psql command line, then
> issuing '\i the_backup.sql', and it's really fast. 8 seconds for 128
> mbyte file.

That's equivalent to passing the name of the file to psql via the -f
option... assuming of course that you're in the same directory as the
file; otherwise pass the full relative or absolute path.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie