Installer problem report with interesting solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Installer problem report with interesting solution
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all

On Stack Overflow I was following the efforts of a user who was unable to install Pg.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11656410/postgresql-installation-issue#comment15679519_11656410

They've just come back to let me know they found a solution to the issue, and it's one that might be worth knowing about, saying that the following resolved their issue:

http://www.geekscribes.net/blog/2009/04/22/postgresql-database-cluster-initialisation-failed-solution/

Basically, they had to install in a non-default location outside Program Files.

Odd.

They've posted their install log in the question.

--
Craig Ringer