Character validation with DB2 Fed Server and Optim - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Gataric
Subject Character validation with DB2 Fed Server and Optim
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm going to be accessing a Postgres database through DB2 Federated Server
and extracting/inserting with IBM Optim. I want to verify that Optim and DB2
are not corrupting text characters. This SQL should generate a sample set of
characters:

Select genseries, chr( genseries) from generate_series(1,2000) as genseries

After extracting with Optim and inserting into a new table, I can write a
simple query to compare the tables for differences. The Postgres database is
using UTF8 encoding. I'm not sure if the chr function is the best way to
generate a sample set of characters and I'm not if this is the correct
range.

I would appreciate any feedback on this approach and welcome suggestions on
another approach.

Thanks
Alex