Error message: Ralation X does not have attribute Y - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Oksfeldt Jonasen
Subject Error message: Ralation X does not have attribute Y
Date
Re: Error message: Ralation X does not have attribute Y  ("Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I'm a very new user of the PostgreSQL database, but I've quickly
encountered what I consider an pretty odd error. Let it be said, this is
using the PeerDirect PostgreSQL Beta 4 using Win2K SP3, so it's bound to
have certain issues. The following is from a simple console session with psql.

pgtestdb=# CREATE TABLE SMT_PROPERTIES ( "PropertyKey" varchar (50)  NOT
NULL,"PropertyValue" varchar (255)  ) WITHOUT OIDS;
CREATE
pgtestdb=# select * from smt_properties;
  PropertyKey | PropertyValue
-------------+---------------
(0 rows)

pgtestdb=# \d smt_properties
                Table "smt_properties"
     Column     |          Type          | Modifiers
---------------+------------------------+-----------
  PropertyKey   | character varying(50)  | not null
  PropertyValue | character varying(255) |

pgtestdb=# INSERT INTO SMT_PROPERTIES (propertykey, propertyvalue) VALUES
('schemaversion','none');
ERROR:  Relation 'smt_properties' does not have attribute 'propertykey'

The error simply can't be true :-) I've also tried using "correct" case on
the various letters in both table and column names, but without any luck so
far.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards

Jan Oksfeldt Jonasen