Re: Error message: Ralation X does not have attribute Y - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Error message: Ralation X does not have attribute Y
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6 Aug 2003 at 14:34, Jan Oksfeldt Jonasen wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a very new user of the PostgreSQL database, but I've quickly
> encountered what I consider an pretty odd error. Let it be said, this is
> using the PeerDirect PostgreSQL Beta 4 using Win2K SP3, so it's bound to
> have certain issues. The following is from a simple console session with psql.
>
> pgtestdb=# CREATE TABLE SMT_PROPERTIES ( "PropertyKey" varchar (50)  NOT
> NULL,"PropertyValue" varchar (255)  ) WITHOUT OIDS;
> CREATE

Why are you quoting column names? Is that required? What happens if you don't?

Bye
 Shridhar

--
understand, v.:    To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject, at
which    you cease to examine what is really present, and operate on the    basis of