Re: pg_xlog question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: pg_xlog question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6 Aug 2003 at 9:56, Mario Weilguni wrote:
> Thanks for the response, but syncing pg_xlog separatly (without DRBD device)
> is useless, because a failover will take place when there's an error, so the
> extra sync of pg_xlog is very likely to fail.

Well, I googled for DRBD device. I was unfamiliar with the device.

I would say it should work if data and transaction logs both of them are
mirrored. But of course you need to test.

If you could write a HOWTO, that would be real great..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
    "We have the right to survive!"    "Not by killing others."        -- Deela and Kirk,
"Wink of An Eye", stardate 5710.5