Problem on PG7.2.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Roberto Fichera
Subject Problem on PG7.2.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

When I try 2 or 3 consecutive select count(*) on my database I've the
problem shown below.
Here is a psql session log:

[root@foradada root]# psql -d database
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms       \h for help with SQL commands       \? for help on internal slash
commands      \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query       \q to quit

database=# select version();                           version
------------------------------------------------------------- PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
2.96
(1 row)

database=# select count(*) from detail; count
-------- 181661

-------- 181660
(1 row)

database=# select count(*) from detail;
FATAL 2:  open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0303 failed: No such file or
directo
ry
server closed the connection unexpectedly        This probably means the server terminated abnormally        before or
whileprocessing the request.

The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
database=#

Roberto Fichera.