Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Tim Finch
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
At 10:01 16/04/2002 +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

Cygwin is a POSIX emulation layer which works perfectly. The only concern

Quite a bold claim to say it works perfectly. I agree its pretty stable as I have had few problems with cygwin...

Anyway, Cygwin + PostgreSQL still remains faster than any open-source
databases available under Windows.

Another interesting claim - speed of databases is such a subjective issue. Interestingly this article compared a bunch of databases on a Windows platform, but clearly no-one told the reviewers about PostgreSQL on Windows as another alternative.

http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=708&a=23115,00.asp

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk