Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 3/25/22 04:10, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 5:44 AM Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Attached is a patch, rebased on top of the sequence decoding stuff I
>> pushed earlier today, also including the comments rewording, and
>> renaming the "transform" function.
>>
>> I'll go over it again and get it pushed soon, unless someone objects.
>>

> You haven't addressed the comments given by me earlier this week. See
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LY_JGL7LvdT64ujEiEAVaADuhdej1QNnwxvO_-KPzeEg%40mail.gmail.com.

Thanks for noticing that! Thunderbird did not include that message into
the patch thread for some reason, so I did not notice that!

> *
> + * XXX The name is a bit misleading, because we don't really transform
> + * anything here - we merely check the column list is compatible with the
> + * definition of the publication (with publish_via_partition_root=false)
> + * we only allow column lists on the leaf relations. So maybe rename it?
> + */
> +static void
> +CheckPubRelationColumnList(List *tables, const char *queryString,
> +    bool pubviaroot)
>
> After changing this function name, the comment above is not required.

Thanks, comment updated.

I went over the patch again, polished the commit message a bit, and
pushed. May the buildfarm be merciful!

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company