Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I went over the patch again, polished the commit message a bit, and
> pushed. May the buildfarm be merciful!

Initial results aren't that great.  komodoensis[1], petalura[2],
and snapper[3] have all shown variants of

#   Failed test 'partitions with different replica identities not replicated correctly'
#   at t/031_column_list.pl line 734.
#          got: '2|4|
# 4|9|'
#     expected: '1||5
# 2|4|
# 3||8
# 4|9|'
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 34.
[18:19:36] t/031_column_list.pl ...............
Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Failed 1/34 subtests

snapper reported different actual output than the other two:
#          got: '1||5
# 3||8'

The failure seems intermittent, as both komodoensis and petalura
have also passed cleanly since the commit (snapper's only run once).

This smells like an uninitialized-variable problem, but I've had
no luck finding any problem under valgrind.  Not sure how to progress
from here.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=komodoensis&dt=2022-03-26%2015%3A54%3A04
[2] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=petalura&dt=2022-03-26%2004%3A20%3A04