Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 5:44 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Attached is a patch, rebased on top of the sequence decoding stuff I
> pushed earlier today, also including the comments rewording, and
> renaming the "transform" function.
>
> I'll go over it again and get it pushed soon, unless someone objects.

You haven't addressed the comments given by me earlier this week. See
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LY_JGL7LvdT64ujEiEAVaADuhdej1QNnwxvO_-KPzeEg%40mail.gmail.com.

*
+ * XXX The name is a bit misleading, because we don't really transform
+ * anything here - we merely check the column list is compatible with the
+ * definition of the publication (with publish_via_partition_root=false)
+ * we only allow column lists on the leaf relations. So maybe rename it?
+ */
+static void
+CheckPubRelationColumnList(List *tables, const char *queryString,
+    bool pubviaroot)

After changing this function name, the comment above is not required.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.