Re: Permission denied for sequece... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jon Horsman
Subject Re: Permission denied for sequece...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
>  Column |  Type   |                      Modifiers
> --------+---------+------------------------------------------------------
>  id     | integer | not null default nextval('public.real_id_seq'::text)
>
> Note that my table, real, has a sequence named read_id_seq.  You need to
> grant all on that as well...

That did it.  Thanks a lot.  I _never_ would have guessed that and
don't recall seeing it in the docs, perhaps i missed it.

While on the topic.  Is there one blanket command that can be run to
grant the user permissions to do everything to the db, without making
that user the owner or a superuser?

Originally i would have thought 'GRANT ALL ON dbname TO user' would
have done this for me, but its obvious it doesn't work that way.

Jon.