Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/03/14 8:26, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> By the way, I checked whether patch 0002 (additional tests) had an
> effect on coverage, and couldn't detect any changes in terms of
> lines/functions.  Were you able to find any bugs in your code thanks to
> the new tests that would not have been covered by existing tests?

All tests except those for hash partitioning got added as bugs were found
in the patch and fixed.  As you may know, constraint exclusion doesn't
help with pruning hash partitions, so those tests don' exercise any
existing functionality but are there for the *new* code.

Thanks,
Amit