Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 09:26:15AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > select [...] where nspname operator(pg_catalog.=) '%s'​

> Next question is, should we update the manual? There are bunch of
> places where example queries are shown without schema qualifications.

I gave https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/extend-extensions.html
such an update, because extensions should assume little about the database
they occupy.  Perhaps a few other pages deserve that, but not the whole
manual.  Ordinary SQL targets a particular database and can know the set of
available operators.