Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications
Date
Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> select pg_catalog.count(*) from pg_catalog.pg_namespace where
>> pg_catalog.nameeq(nspname, '%s');
>>

> ​I'd rather write that:
>
> select [...] where nspname operator(pg_catalog.=) '%s'​
>
> Introducing undocumented implementation functions to these queries is
> undesirable; and besides, indexing and equivalence relies on operators and
> not the underlying functions so there would be some risk of performance
> issues if the functions were used directly.

Thanks. Yours looks much better.

Next question is, should we update the manual? There are bunch of
places where example queries are shown without schema qualifications.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan