parallel dump/restore code on WIndows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject parallel dump/restore code on WIndows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Why was this code:
   #ifdef WIN32       if (parallel_init_done && GetCurrentThreadId() != mainThreadId)           ExitThread(code);
#endif

removed from dumputils.c by commit
5e86c61a7eec0fdc6961493a150159fa8fc63b1c? The commit message doesn't
refer to it at all.

I don't understand it at all, and there is nothing in Joachim's latest
patch that would call ExitThread() from an exit handler, so the effect
seems likely to me to break parallel windows processing in nasty ways if
called from a worker thread, although I haven't tested it.

cheers

andrew