Re: 9.1.1 build failure : postgres link fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: 9.1.1 build failure : postgres link fails
Date
List pgsql-general
This may be a duplicate response.

On 11/20/2011 11:05 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 11/20/2011 09:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> It appears that on Ubuntu, libbsd defines those symbols, which confuses
>>> configure into supposing that they're provided by libc, and then the
>>> link fails because libbsd isn't actually linked into the postmaster.
>>> The question is what's pulling in libbsd though.  In the previous report
>>> it came via libedit, which you're not using.  I'd try looking in the
>>> config.log file to see what it was linking in the test that decided
>>> setproctitle was available, and then using ldd on each of those
>>> libraries to see which one(s) require libbsd.
>> Will do.  Then there's always trying Ubuntu-11?
> Couldn't say.  But re-reading this, I wonder if maybe you *are* using
> libedit.  Have you got readline installed?  If not, configure will try
> libedit as second choice ... so maybe the best fix is to install
> readline (and don't forget readline-devel or local equivalent).
>
>             regards, tom lane

I made readline-6.2 from source, than had to manually symlink
perl.so.5.10 to perl.so

and SUCCESS!

Thanks for the readline pointer Tom.  Sort of thing that would have
taken me forever to get through.

rjs