Re: 9.1.1 build failure : postgres link fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.1.1 build failure : postgres link fails
Date
Re: 9.1.1 build failure : postgres link fails  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/20/2011 09:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It appears that on Ubuntu, libbsd defines those symbols, which confuses
>> configure into supposing that they're provided by libc, and then the
>> link fails because libbsd isn't actually linked into the postmaster.
>> The question is what's pulling in libbsd though.  In the previous report
>> it came via libedit, which you're not using.  I'd try looking in the
>> config.log file to see what it was linking in the test that decided
>> setproctitle was available, and then using ldd on each of those
>> libraries to see which one(s) require libbsd.

> Will do.  Then there's always trying Ubuntu-11?

Couldn't say.  But re-reading this, I wonder if maybe you *are* using
libedit.  Have you got readline installed?  If not, configure will try
libedit as second choice ... so maybe the best fix is to install
readline (and don't forget readline-devel or local equivalent).

            regards, tom lane